Sunday, July 31, 2011

End of the Month

Well, another month comes to a close. July 2011 was a good month for me. I had my visa application accepted, I paid $2,000 towards my credit card debt, and I started a new diet & exercise program. Reviewing the last month, there are a few areas I need to improve upon. Firstly, is my exercise. I have to come up with a way to effectively exercise three times a week and by exercise I mean weight training. I am already running two to three days a week in training for a 5K. Side note, my sister told me about the Bryn Mawr Running Company in Media and how they conduct Saturday morning runs. I might stop by and grab a schedule. With the weight training, it is a little difficult because I travel three days a week and I like a routine when it comes to exercise. I am going to start bringing my TRX system with me so I can exercise in the hotel. Secondly, I have to cut down on my book buying. Borders Book Store is going out of business and I think in the last two weeks I have spent over $300 on books! The plus side is I now have enough reading material to last me for about a year. I can easily polish off a good book (400+ pages) in about two weeks. Thirdly, I eat too much at dinner time. I have noticed that I will eat an appetizer, a full entree, and a dessert at almost every dinner. It is difficult for me because I end up eating out a lot with the traveling. I must eat more salads as my appetizer, smaller portions for the entree, and stick to fruit for dessert.

Goals for August:
  1. Start weight training at least two days each week
  2. Pay $2,000 towards Bank of America credit card
  3. Do not purchase anymore books
  4. Lose 5 pounds through better eating habits at dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment