Thursday, July 28, 2011

Good News! Good News!

A couple of good things have happened in the last few days, well, more like I learned of some good things. First, since I am now being assigned to travel to Scranton three nights a week for work, I will save almost $300 a month in expenses. I don't have to pay for food four days a week because its covered by per diem and any left over food money is mine to keep. I get $56 a day to eat and I usually only spend about $50 (breakfast is usually free, lunch is $10, and a decent dinner about $30-40). Thats $6/day x 4 days x 4 weeks = $96 in my pocket. Also, because I am not at home, my utility bills are down, my grocery bill is cut in half (down to $25 a week now), and I don't drive as much. This all lowers my expenses another $150-200 for the month. It will be awesome to see the actual totals in a couple of weeks. I should be able to pay off my credit cards all the faster now.

Second good thing. I am staying in a Hilton and I get HiltonHonors points for staying plus I am paying with a HiltonHonors credit card (travel voucher pays it all off every month), which allows me to gain a lot of points each trip. Well I did the math, and I will become Diamond level by New Year's which has many added point accumulation benefits. The even better thing is that after a year, I will have almost 150,000 points which will allow me to pay for my honeymoon! That alone will save me thousands!

Final good thing. I talked with a very experienced immigration agent about Natacha's visa issue. He explained the process to me in depth and basically its all gravy from here. The CA Service Center will approve the application, then its forwarded to Paris, and then the interview. He told me that if for any reason something occurs, to call him and he would straighten it out. In hindsight, he also told me that if he was called, he would have been able to get Natacha out of detention for a couple of weeks when she first got here.

Now I am off to Border;s to take part in their bankruptcy sales!

No comments:

Post a Comment