Saturday, July 23, 2011

First Payment made...and I'm fat

I started a debt pay off plan and wrote down every payment I was going to make and on what date I was going to make it. I paid the first payment today ($1,000 towards my Bank of America credit card) and I paid off my CitiBank credit card for the month. It is the first step of many but at least now I have a defined plan that has visual cues for me to follow. Pretty soon I will be debt free!

The other day I was talking with my wife via Skype and she says "I see you haven't lost any weight." It kinda sucks when you have been in good shape all your life and then it all of the sudden becomes difficult to maintain a healthy weight. I have started running two to three days a week and also I started a push-up program. I guess its time to step it up a notch. From today on, I will:
  1. Not drink soda or heavily sweet beverages
  2. Not eat candy or sweets
  3. Exercise 5 days a week
  4. Drink 60 ounces of water a day (2 Nalgenes)
  5. Eat a high protien, low fat diet
I am going to buy a scale and track my weight for the next 30 days. My goal will be to lose 10% of my body weight in 30 days. I will keep a steady record of the food I eat and the exercise I do. I know I am going to have to build up my weight training to a more appropriate level.

No comments:

Post a Comment